.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

August 9th (what an original title)

Caffeine. I tried to skip my morning coffee this morning. Not sure why, I guess I just wanted to see if I was addicted. Well, I got a splitting headache about 8:30. It went away at about 9:00 . . .after a cup of coffee. The stuff is worse than crack, but I love it.

Racing. I raced this past weekend in Concord. It was a tough crit and our plan was to set the race up for Jamie. He is trying to upgrade and need a few points. I did my part, but Kirk did the majority of the work when it counted. I still have no patience in a race where you have to wait and pounce at the right time. Only 6 more weeks until we start racing hard from the gun! (Cyclocross season starts on September 18th for those of you on another planet.)

Training Break. I am taking one as we speak. The break is actually about 2 weeks later than last year, and hope this will give me good form and motivation thru nationals on December 11th. Last season I cracked the last week in November (2 weeks before nationals). I ran/walked last night for the first time since the winter. Running is part of the “break”. Daisy and I ran the trail to lower falls, took a sweet swim in the middle of our trek and cruised back. Sweet.

MTB bikin’. I went on Sunday with Dave, Charles, Maggie and Martha on the new Moore Dam trail that Charles cleared last winter. I got thrashed. So much so that I am riding it again tonight with the boys from work. It’s all part of “the break”.

Photos. I keep saying I am going to start posting photos, but never do. Actually, since this is only my second post, I better not ask for miracles.

More to come tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home