.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Blogs and Blogging
So “the blog” is not exactly new. Well “Matt’s Daily Blog” is new, but millions of people have been blogging for quite a while. At first I thought it was a bit ridiculous, but then I found myself reading other people’s blogs on a daily basis. Oddly, many of them I don’t know personally, but either followed a link or heard about their blogs thru the infamous “grapevine”. Take for instance, soprojones.com or eriksaunders.com: both dudes are bike racers and write relatively amusing blogs on a (semi)regular basis. I don’t know Eric or Mike, but I check out their blogs. Seems a bit odd, but . . .

There are other people who are blogging that I at least know, and I check them out to keep up with what their daily adventures. JD has a really cool site called isoglossia.com. It is a pretty crazy blog that allows me to almost see JD telling these stories over a pint. . .a good way to keep up with friends that are not close.

So, I keep trying to decide if there is a goal, purpose or agenda to my blog. Currently- not so much. Just some streaming thoughts . . .

Hot and Humid
That is the recipe for today. It is mad stuffy out. I need some of the “warm summer polar air” to arrive. Or, as my Dad would say “Wahm Summah Polah Aiya”. Not such luck for a few days. I am pretty glad I won’t be doing hill repeats this afternoon on the old bike. It could have been ugly.

To Stretch or Not to Stretch
I hate stretching. Always have, always will. But as I get old and decrepit, I am suffering from “pain”. Tonight starts a daily stretching routine. That is unless I can convince Martha to go have a few IPAs in the sun. I am in the middle of a “training break” right? I will be better served by 60 minutes mellow on the bike and a session of “Yoga for Cyclists”. Time will tell which path I take.

Cowboy Solar 3rd behind a Former World Champion
So I haven’t heard it from the Cowboy’s mouth yet, but looking at the results from the crit at the Tour de Christiana, it looks like he held his own. From the report I read he lost by about a bike length to the former world track (multi) champion, Marty Nortstein. When Cowboy gets famous, I hope he still wants to teleski with us mere mortals.

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home