.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm Back

The return of the blog.
I must admit that updating this site has proven more difficult than I thought.

TRAINING
I am back training and it feels good. I took a 2 week break that included easy rides, runs, hikes, and some beer drinking. In general it was a recharging of the mind to get ready for some more training. Physically I wasn’t really tired, but needed a mental break. Mission accomplished. Let the suffering begin.

UPDRADE
The big news is my Category 2 upgrade. Many people are interested why I wanted to upgrade. I am not sure I can properly describe it, other than to say I want to “go to the big dance”. Many people have wondered why I would want to upgrade when I haven’t won a Cat. 3 race yet. . . .they will see. My fitness is definitely going to be border line when it comes to big NRC races, but I feel like I am ready. Other motivation involves next year. . . looking for a more serious squad. More info when I find something.

RACIN’
I am heading to Chris Thater Memorial this weekend. It should be a big trip. I am heading out there solo. There is a 2/3 race on Saturday night for $2000/20 deep and then a 50 mile NRC crit for $20,000/20 deep. I am ready to fire up the jets and make it happen. Results and a race report will follow when I get back.


CROSS
I should have my new cross frames in a week or so. Thanks to Dave at Littleton Bike Shop (www.littletonbike.com) and Specialized for setting me up. Checkout the specs http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=06TriCross&bikeTab=story
It should be hot.

Cross workouts start on Wednesday September 7th. Only time will tell if the famous, fast and furious Ward Solar will make an appearance. With any luck the people at Fuji have their priorities straight and he will show up with a new cross rig. Stay tuned.

So that is it for now. Revving up the engines to get the cross season started, but there is still lots of good crittin’ to be done before then. Maine (!?!) of all places has some big money crits on 9/16 and 9/18. It might be worth skipping Northfield to crit race in vacationland. Need to work on my power . . .it is all about the watts.

Later-mdw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home