.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gut Check Time

Every year it hits . . .the weather gets cold, rainy and dark. Cross season gets into full swing and then I crack. I have vowed that this year will be different. . .gut check time.

So Monday is a recovery day: I went to work, went to the bar for 2 pints of ale and then went home and chopped wood for 45 minutes. You think Sven Nys would subscribe to that type of recovery? And yes, I said chopping wood: Paul Bunyan style.

The weather is starting to crack me. Today: 42 degrees and raining. Rain on and off all day. Tonight: rain. Training is growing more and more difficult. I need to rally and get motivated.

I have my weekly call with “the coach” tonight aka the “World According to Tom”. I already know what he is going to say: suck it up for one more week and you get a rest week.

This weekend’s racing is totally up in the air. I am not making the trek to the Mid-Atlantic UCI races this weekend. Catamount or Connecticut . . .that is the decision. Not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home