.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Friday, October 21, 2005

Weekend Preview

Cold = Turbo Boost.

This was the first cold (28°F) morning of the year. It was also the first cold morning I drove my car. I got it in July. I thought is was fast then. This morning, with the brisk weather the turbo was sick. Also, I let JB drive the car this weekend. It was a 10 minute demo. I wanted his opinion as he is a pro (as far as I cam concerned) with high performance all wheel drive rides. He came back smiling . . .almost too much . . . and sat in it with the engine running to “cool the turbo after exercise” for a good 5 minutes. Hmmm . . .I should have been suspicious. Later I noticed a fair amount of sand and dirt caked on the rims. Enough said.

Weekend = WannaBe A’s Race

So I am looking at the start list for Catamount. I recognize most on the list. It should be a cool race. No real heavy hitters and a bunch of B+/A- boys showing up for some old Skool grassroots racin’. Hopefully I will bring the A game. It could be more like a Wednesday night smackdown since half the field are either my buddies or training partners. I even think Wardo



(yah that is him on the tractor trailer)

is going to make his cross debut. It could be scary. If he can keep from hitting the barriers at 30 mph, he should win. JB, Tom G, the Bikemen will all be in attendance. I am looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home