.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Suffering, Bikes and Safety

I haven’t updated in a while. No particular reason, other than things have been busy and I haven’t had much exciting to say. (Do I ever have anything exciting to say?) I have been getting some grief for the lack of updates so here is an update:

I have been training and getting ready to race. The team is looking good and in a few weeks we will all be racing. Raced Turtle Pond last weekend, suffered and then got sick for a few days. I seem to be better and have been able to train hard this week. Sturbridge and Palmer are this weekend. We won’t have a full squad at either race, but should have 4 or 5 guys each day. I am looking forward to racing with the boys and no doubt the racing will be a suffer fest for me. I am pretty sure the suffer factor is why I race.

Kits and the remaining bikes (including mine!) should (hopefully) be finalized by the Jiminy Peak weekend. New kits are badly needed. My NAV kits are on their last legs. It is a good thing that those kits were high quality. As far as the bike, what can I say, I can’t freaking wait. I ride a nice bike now, but waiting for the new IF is worse than being 10 years old and waiting for Xmas morning. Good things come to those that wait, right? Whatever.

Martha rode with KL yesterday. You want to be a better climber, climb with people who go up hill fast. I am sure it was a suffer fest when it went vertical.

Trained with my helmet yesterday for the first time in months. I read YBS yesterday (I don’t know Dan, but like his blog. Call me lame. Whatever, I read it.) and somehow it scared the crap out of me. Not sure why this scared me more than other stories, but it did. Maybe it was the part about your loved ones. Regardless, I wore the helmet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home