.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, April 03, 2006

Marblehead

So the haters are back (see comments below from previous post). Thanks for stopping by boys. Really, it’s great to hear from you.

The first race weekend went pretty well. Went to IF on Friday. We drank a few beers while Jon built bikes. The bikes are so sweeeeet. I can’t wait until the next batch is done. Charge Pond was Saturday. I like that circuit. Jon and Stan went in the break, and Jonny Bold rode away. Sunday was Marblehead. It seemed fast. Maybe it wasn’t, but it seemed fast. The crosswinds were killing my skinny ass. I didn’t spend much time at the business end of the bunch, but I survived. I wasn’t much use to Luke at the end but that will come in time. Somebody stacked it with ½ a lap to go about 20 deep in the bunch. I hear Luke was rock solid when the poo hit the fan. Jon got chopped down and wasn’t looking to good for a minute. He is probably pretty sore this morning. I was fine, but wanted to make sure Jon wasn’t hurt. Finishing Marblehead in 50th place or making sure a teammate wasn’t messeed up in a crash . . . .easy decision. Manville, sorry I wasn’t on the results sheet. Next time I will abandon my teammate to get a result just so you think I am fast.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Fort James said...

Any pics of the new IF Deluxe? I hope you got a singlespeed!

Later,

Fort James

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

Singlespeeed?!?! No way. Baby steps, man. At least it is a mtb bike! When are you coming north to ride the famous Kingdon Trails in Burke?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home