.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

It's all about the Tanning

I had a pretty good weekend on the bike. There were times I struggled, mostly on the flats in the wind when the race was single file and in the gutter, but in general it was a pretty successful weekend. While I am pretty sure McCormack won’t be calling me for a stagiaire position this season and the Canadians babbling French into their race radios weren’t asking who I was, I survived a long weekend of hard racing.

I had a nice ride into the sand/dirt in the finale yesterday when I tried to move into a gap that wasn’t big enough. Oh well, it looked big enough, but with 600 meters to go I was pretty bleary eyed and needed 5 more seconds of patience so the gap opened up a bit more. I have no idea what position I was in at the time, but I was trying to get in front of Tom to give him a little shelter and sling-shot him in the last 0.5k. Instead, I went cyclocross style for a little while in the sand and jumped back on the road without killing anyone behind me. Sand is slower than pavement. Lesson learned.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Brian Hayes said...

yeah man kits came out great! I'm pumped...now I just need to earn a purple one...do you think I can get an upgrade off of my results in the tour of Swiss???

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

ha! coulde be, you were on the podium! maybe forward that photo to Adam and see if he has room for you!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

ah . . .the anonymous comment, typical. why not be a man and sign your name? too afraid other will know you are a farce?

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

SBZ? You lost me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home