.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, October 02, 2006

I never made it to Long Island. After much debate, I bailed on the trip. There were many factors. The two most prominent were the ETA at home of midnight on Sunday and getting lapped 3-4 times by Pro Crossers. I was pretty disappointed until last night when Martha and I were cooking (read: burning) some pizza at 7:30 or so and Martha said- just think, we could be getting off the ferry in New London (read: 4.5 hours south of the homestead) right now. Good Point.

We raced in Milford on Saturday. I liked the course. They did a good job with what they had available. If the track was 1 minute longer and had one more obstacle (elevation change, off-camber, run-up, etc) it would have been perfect. I had good legs and a reasonable race. By the 20 minute mark I was in the lead group of 5 or 6 guys and feeling pretty good. We were playing the usual games and I decided to go to the back of the group to avoid the “you pull, no you pull, come on pull thru” jawing that typically (and did) happens in that type of group. That was a mistake.

I must have lost my concentration on turn 3. I WAY overcooked it and went straight thru the tape. Not sure what I was thinking, but I blew it. The lead group rode away and I never saw them again. Oh well. I think I ended up 7th or something.

I bailed on Sunday’s race. I was tired, it was raining and basically I wussed out. Getting soft I guess.

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger gewilli said...

it wasn't raining at the course... musta got lucky or something...

but the course coulda used some rain to #1 firm up some of the tons of single track and #2 provide a bit of cooling (temps in the upper 50s lower 60s are too high for me crossin)

all ya missed was a nice Cross race on a Mt Bike course (which ya prolly already figured out)

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger megA said...

so are you NE boys gonna include the girlz in your little contest?

or are you scared you might get girled both on and off the bike. . .

oh yes, i can trash talk about a blogging contest!

and foley--bite me if you're saying my videos are boring--bastard!!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Frank Brigandi said...

Cross is to Mudd as KY is to the Prostate exam. you spelled Lawnguyland wrong. your blog is tremendous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home