.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

okay, I guess we have had enough of the ass disucussions eh?

Did my first cross workout last night . . .and broke my front derailleur. I guess that “sweet campy record front derailleur” I scored out of the shop “junk” drawer wasn’t so sweet. I run shimano, but needed a derailleur and found a campy one that seemed perfect. I was stoked: free derailleur and it was campy . . .so Euro. Oh well. I will be ordering a new shimano one today from QBP.

I had a pretty amusing exchange with Martha last night. We have been together for some 15 years now so she knows me pretty (!) well. Quite often I get restless with life (some call it ADHD) and I get harebrain schemes. So last night as we got dressed to workout I said: “I think next summer I might need to move to Alaska”. Without missing a beat she said “Are you taking me with you or are you going on your own?” Um, Er, yes dear, probably, as long as you can still ski bigger lines than me.

5 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So move to Alaska already. What are you, scared?

As it happens, a very good friend of mine from grad school just moved to S.E. AK last spring. I can put you in touch if you're serious and if Martha wouldn't kill me just for offering.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

Oh sure, Mr. “I live in Slovenia” because “I got so bored in Argentina”! You think you are fancy, Mr. Fancy Pants?

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one is moving to Alaska unless they are handing out well-paying, low responsibility, frequent vacation mechanical engineering managerial postions there.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

Wait, isn't that what I have now?!?!? F-ck!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger megA said...

uh, in case you DO move--dibs on house watching!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home