.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

What a great summer (!?!?!?) weekend.
Friday afternoon saw the start of my first “man-chore” in quite some time. Our front stairs were in desperate need of replacement. It seemed stupid to pay someone to do it. It seemed even more ridiculous on Friday evening that I had ripped the stairs out and I actually had to re-build them on Saturday. Fuck. Maybe I made a mistake. We could always enter the house from the back right?

I woke early on Saturday (6:00 am), Martha made me some coffee (Martha doesn’t drink coffee and she doesn’t make coffee. I think she realized the potential catastrophic possibilities of the project), and I headed to Home Depot. The Depot opens at 6:00 am. I was there by 6:45. Any idea who is at The Depot before 7:00 am on a Saturday? Old guys. Old guys with there little home improvement projects, buying wood, carbide blades, hot dipped 8D nails, pressure treated lattice . . . .oh fuck, that is me.

Okay, so I got all my stuff, headed home, blasted some British Proletariat Folk and got to work. 8 hours later, we had new stairs. I believe I only threw my hammer once. Good stuff. And no Martha, this won’t be a trend. That was my man-chore for the year.

Raced at Sucker Brook yesterday in summer heat. I sucked. No legs, no snap, no fight. It happens. Martha raced well but struggled in the last two laps with the heat. JB had the race of his life and ended up 8th in the Elite race. MC Kraus looked good but was a bit out gunned on the fast course battling Al, Whitey and Jazzy. Form looks good though. I am sure he is doing his rain dance for the fall to get some more of his conditions.

And Yes, MegA, much better.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Frank Brigandi said...

whoa, sweet photo. My snowboard just got a hard on. Supreme blogging.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

I should withhold my comments
as I may be more of a blogger than a racer

my efforts are what they are
but
my results
come with many excuses

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

snowboarding is sweet...

my five year old is talking downhill

who knows

maybe we will plot the course for a ski/snowboard vacation

that would be cool if they go into it
expensive
but cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home