.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You Might be a Redneck

If you live so far north that it dumps snow before Halloween . . . You might be a redneck.

Freaking crazy snow last night and still dumping. That's right sports fans, the first dump has happened. We got 6" at the house and I am sure way more at the hill (for you nonskiiers/koolkids "the hill" refers to the ski area). I resisted slapping on my skins and skinning up the hill this morning for the first tracks of the season. While one tele run might not kill the legs, it certainly wouldn't help them. I resisted and it should be duly noted. Step one: accomplished. No S-K-I-I-N-G talk. It is like the plague.

Gloucester GP this weekend. No Duh. I saw it referred to as the "New England World Championships". It is by far my favorite race. I am stoked to toe the line with many of the best dudes in the country. I will be swimming way over my head, but going to give 'er everything. Hopefully the tank will have some fuel after a solid week of rest.

I heard a bizarre statistic this morning: In 2004 there were 35 Million perscriptions written for sleeping pills in America. It appears that there has been a sharp increase in the use of sleeping pills in America over the last 5 years. Hmmm . . .maybe if a few americans exercised a bit more (or at all) they might sleep better?!?!? Just an opinion. Mine that is. Ciao.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger jimmywill said...

amerikans excercise? BEFORE looking for a pill to "cure" them of their "ailings"...
doubtful, sadly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home