.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, November 14, 2005

FUN?!?!?

If one more person tells me to “Have Fun”, I am going to . . . .just kidding. Thanks for the encouragement. Awesome weekend of racing! That’s right, I said awesome. I had a great time. Was I fast? Not so much, but at least I was able to tap what ever HP that was in my body. In a race like the ones this weekend reality is that there are 25 guys that are totally untouchable for me right now, another 10 guys that if having a good day are attainable and then the last 15 guys are the dudes I am racing with/against most of the time. This weekend proved no different.

The tracks this weekend were perfect. Fast open areas with limited running and some dry twisty, turny technical areas. I loved both tracks. Saturday I had a great start. Almost too good, as I went into the red way too early and completely cracked at minute 20 or so. I am having some trouble with pacing my effort for the entire race. Saturday was no different. I can’t make it into the Top 20/25 in the first lap and expect to stay there. By minute 30, I was a sitting duck, cracked and not going very fast. Groups of 5-7 riders were catching me and then leaving me. Lesson learned.

Sunday, I tried to go out a bit easier, stay in the top 40 and try to stay more steady. I think it worked a bit better. My data was more consistent, I felt like I was “racing” as opposed to being in “survival mode” the entire time after lap 1, blah blah blah. Baby steps.

So enough about the racing highlights: Killer weather, great venues, the usual characters, etc.

Other weekend highlights included Martha’s new bike: Her new Stevens team bike was delivered this weekend. It looks sweet and the paint matches the course tape she went thru on lap 2!

To the gentlemen I T-Boned in the parking lot while riding my bike, not looking where I was going and harassing Brendan: sorry dude. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of people got a good chuckle out of my knucklehead move. Glad neither of us got hurt. Good thing I wasn’t doing my “I am too Pro to wear a helmet” impression.

Ward made his last race cross appearance this weekend. Somebody please get that guy a bike that fits him properly. If they do, watch out. The HP is legit. If he didn’t have to sit up and stretch his back every 5 minutes, he would be a contender.

Tommy G marching his way forward in the U23 ranks. Keeping the charge going, the series is only half over.

New staging procedure: dope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home