.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

Carbon Fiber Training Wheels

Carbon Fiber Training Wheels:
That is what I needed on Saturday. I am thinking it might be a good niche market for Reynolds. I couldn’t keep it upright on Saturday. They might have helped?!?

Saturday was EPIC. It was the craziest shit I have ever been apart of in my short and not so illustrious career. It was pounding snow, everyone who is anyone in Cross was there, and people were throwing it down. The Gloucester GP is hands down my favorite cross weekend of the year. Killer venue, killer crowds and typically a rocket fast track. Add 3” of wet snow, temps in the 30s and the bike handling skillz of a 5 year old and you have disaster. . . or my performance. I couldn’t keep my bike upright threw 3 consecutive turns at a time. When I wasn’t dumping it, someone else was dumping it in front of me. After lap 2 I went into survival mode. 30 dudes dropped out. I survived, got lapped, but survived. My worst performance yet, but I didn’t bail.

Richard Fries was rocking the mic this weekend. Best quote from Saturday: “Kraus is in the bushes, Kraus is in the bushes, Kraus is in the bushes, Mayday Mayday”. That is the shit dreams are made of.

Pre-riding on Sunday with a former pro (to remain unnamed so people don’t bust on me for dropping names) he said: “different courses for different horses”. A mudder, I am not. Sunday’s track was fast with a few bogie spots. If I were to layout a perfect course for me, this would have been pretty close. I had a good line up, good first lap and then proceeded to explode on the second lap. In retrospect, I felt good. I had good sensations and really had pretty good horsepower. The bad news is that I was short a few horses compared to the rest of the boys. Not too disappointed, but again I got spanked. Paying my dues I guess. It was freaking fast. That is all I can say. Trebon lapped me early, 40 minutes in. Ouch.

I had pro pitmen this weekend. JB on Saturday, Coley/Tal on Sunday. Someday I will be in the prize money and you will get you split. For now, the beer is on me. It was hot to get clean well/tuned bikes. Props.

Harborside had a party on Saturday after the slopfest. It was hot. Chile, past, beer, tunes and all the boys/gals. Sweet. That is the shit that makes cross the best sport on this planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home