.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Waxing to change the Mojo

Started waxing the nordic skis last night! Trying to shake the “I can’t race my bike fast” mojo. When in doubt turn to skiing. Granted we have no snow, but the skis can never have enough wax to make them fast. I was actually pretty slack last spring and never put a coat of summer wax on them so they were pretty oxidized. Puttin’ it to er now though. The way the weather has gone lately, we won’t have to worry about skiing until after nationals anyway. Last year I think we skate skied at the alpine area a few times in early December, but I can’t remember.

The second and third Verge Series races are this weekend. Last year in CT we had snow the night before and it was a total slopfest. I hope that it is a bit dryer and I don’t hit the deck as much this year. Last year, I stacked it on the pavement, in a straight away, by myself. Ha, you gotta love that.

Here is a photo from the team presentation in Bermuda. The day before this presentation was the last day I felt good on a bike, 42 days ago.














I guarantee one thing, I am finishing both races this weekend. No bailing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home