.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Much Ado

Much ado about the new Verge start position policy; Go here if you don’t know what I am talking about. I am not sure I see the issue. If you are fast and placing well, you will be lined up in the front. If you are not racing well and willing to register early you will get a better spot than you might have previously. If you are not racing well and not willing to register early, you will be lined up in the back. Regardless, you will not have to stand on the start line for hours trying to hold your spot and you can warm up. Your start will be better and the likely hood of dudes overlapping wheels and cramming onto the start grid may just eliminate dudes stacking it in the first 200 meters (maybe). Just a perspective.

I had a sweet visit to the doctor today: passed out cold while blood was being sucked out of my arm at the speed of light and dumped into a vile. The nursing student that was “observing” freaked out like I died! It was pretty amusing for all involved. Blood is not my thing. Obviously.

Heras positive. Imagine that. I wonder how many dudes racing this weekend have doped?!? I can’t believe there are that many, but who knows. I wish that tested us. It would be interesting. I realize it is cost prohibitive to have doping control at some piss-ass (is that a word?) little cross race in NE, but it would be interesting to see who is doping. Maybe no one.

35 degrees and snowing this afternoon. it sounds like it is a rollers night. lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home