.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, November 07, 2005

Nothing Good

Nothing good to say about yesterday. I went to Putney hoping to have a good race at a small regional A race. Instead, I "raced" for 25 minutes, rode to the car and was on the highway heading north before the winner finished his race. Not sure what my deal is: overtraining, undertraining, undermotivated, overmotivated, cracked, or simply not cut out to be a bike racer?!?! At this point, I am not sure.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Aaw, chin up! Everything works in cycles, and down times will lead to up times. Take the pressure off yourself and just enjoy. :)
Live the world according to YOU for awhile.
(I know, easy advice for me to give, but not take!)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

Hey Manville, thanks for clarifying my “problem” for me.

Here’s the deal, I don’t really care what people think or laugh about. I race my bike for me, not others. Will I ever be a pro? Not likely. Will I ever be competitive in Elite cross races or P12 road races- who knows, maybe. Regardless, I am just trying to challenge myself everyday. Yah, I could go back to the Killer Bs and have better results than I am having this season inthe A’s, but that is not what interests me. I don’t talk trash about my fellow racers or teammates. I simply ride: some days faster than others.

If you or anyone else feels there is some “so-pro” attitude, I am sorry. I am not sure why people think that. My attitude hasn’t changed from when I was racing in the B race. I am just trying to represent my squad and race my bike fast. (I always wear booties when I can, I think they look hot.)

My blog is intended to be fun. You are harshing on the fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home