.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Randomness

So it has been a few days since my last post. It has been a pretty boring week in general. Get this, I rested, rode, worked, rested and now I am prepping for a weekend of racing. Imagine that?
I finished building my new frame last night. Specialized seems to be having trouble with the matte finish and painted decals. My frames are looking pretty rough on the top tube and down tube at the spots I grab the frame. They have been UNBELIEVABLE though. I called my contact and told him what’s up. He had me send a couple of photos to another dude. The other dude called me and said he would send me a new “temporary” frame Fed-EX and wanted me to send him my frame for “testing”. Literally, 20 hours after that phone conversation a frame arrived from the west coast. What a country. It sounds like they are going to change the finish so it is more durable. Anyway, Specialized rocks.
I am racing this weekend and I am looking forward to it. Plymouth is Saturday. I like this course. My parents came last year to check out the race since they live about 40 miles south. It was the first time they had ever seen me race my bike. It was pretty funny seeing my dad running around the course telling me to go faster. I had a good race, but got worked by Coley and some Cycle-Smart dude (Thomas Young, haven’t seen him this season) in a 3-up sprint for the B race glory. Oh well.
Lowell is Sunday. I don’t know anything about this race. Turnout looks to be reasonable.
Weather is turning cold and my motivation to get outside and train is dwindling. My motivation to train is actually on the rebound, just not when it is 30 degrees out. I almost wish it were March and the road season was around the corner.

Enough random thoughts. Wish me luck this weekend. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home