.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, November 21, 2005

What can I say about this weekend ?!?!? Saturday, I sucked. I was totally “blocked” and literally couldn’t get out of my own way. I knew it right away. After the first 500 meters, I was in last. Literally, last. I tried to move up in the first few corners and just go in people’s way. I got smoked. Enough said.

For some reason, I wasn’t too pissed about it. It was weird. Maybe I have gotten smoked so many times this cross season, that it hurts less now?!? Regardless, Martha and I went to my parent’s house on the Cape, had a nice dinner and swilled some outstanding wine.

Sunday, I had no expectations for the race or my performance. I don’t know why I thought this race would be budget, but I did. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. I think this might have been the best track of the season! It was killer. I did a bunch of course inspection with Tommy G and Coley. We were having a blast just rolling around doing laps in the warm sun. The course was fast, with tricky cornering lines and a 300 meter muddy cinder track section that left you looking like a coal miner. It was sweet.

Sparing the details, I had a good race. Maybe my best effort all season. Good start without going into the red, tagged onto the lead group of 8-10 for 3 or 4 laps, then in a small second group, finally trying to hold off Tommy G and Coley during the last 3 laps. Tommy came charging from behind and forced me to make a few mistakes with 1.5 laps to go and rode away. Props youngster.

So, I finally had good legs. Yippeee!! I certainly wasn’t going to challenge Johs or Whitey, but at least I felt like I belonged in the race. I have no idea what place I ended up, but I am sure results will be posted. Regardless, I hope I am back.

Martha took some cool pics:

First Lap at the stairs:
















2nd Lap trying to avoid Aaron stacking it:















The Rad Stair obstacle:















Me trying to shake Jeff (it didn't work):















The toughest corner on the course:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home