.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Friday, December 16, 2005

Back

So I have been getting some grief for my lack of updates. What can I say? Nationals came and went. I had a great weekend although “great” would not describe my race. Whatever. Moving on. Looking forward to the road season, looking forward to a new bike, looking forward to spring. (For the record, I realize that quite often, like the previous “sentence”, I write in fragments and not sentences. Whatever, it’s my blog. Deal with it.)

So winter is here. It is dumping out today and we expect to get almost a foot. That is sweet justice. If all goes well, I will be making tele turns this afternoon at the resort. This weekend brings a long list of Xmas related things to do, but all will take a backseat to fresh snow. I hope to post some photos from the next couple of days in the pow.

As far as fitness, I am getting back on track. I did a 7 mile (run) death march with my uber-endurance freak friend Charles. It was a walk in the park for him. Death march for me. I skate skied for the first time this season last night. We went EASY. CREEP (per TH) style. It was good to get out there and work on technique and enjoy the full moon. We barely need the headlamps. You got to love that. The snow was pretty variable, but with another 6-12 today, the track should be sweet.

What else . . .no bike riding for me for at least a month. Break. Hopefully I will be fresh when I return. I am hoping to significantly increase my volume this spring. There are some pretty crazy races on the list for this coming season. Hopefully I will be able to hang with the boys. Time will tell.

That’s all for now. Do your snow dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home