.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, May 08, 2006

All the Weekend's News

What a weekend. Saturday was Jiminy Peak. It rained for the first 40 minutes. I wasted a bunch of energy in the first 30 minutes chasing crap. About 60K into the race things started to heat up. The boys and I were mixing it up in the front. I came thru the right hander onto Route 7 slotted in about 10th. It was single file and going pretty hard. I hit some debris in the road and punctured. Game over. I drifted to the back, pulled over, popped my rear wheel off and waited for neutral support. Merlyn was up the road in the SRAM car with the break so we had a volunteer follow car. I was happy to have him, as it would have been a long ride home on a flat, but it wasn’t exactly a Paris-Roubaix Wheel change. I chased for a little while, but it was no use. I was gone. At the moment, I barely have enough fitness to stay in the race when it is single file, never mind chase back on after a 2-3 minute wheel change. I climbed off in the feed zone and watched the boys finish. The team rode well and Tommy G had a great result in 15th. Good showing for the squad.

Sunday I went to Kingdom Trails and had one of those epic days. We had a huge posse, blue-bird skies and bone dry fast conditions. It was one of those days that I wasn’t expecting, but had a killer time. We finished off several hours of ripping riding at the pub. As usual, I abused myself: 3 pints of Trout River, Burger with bbq sauce/onion rings/fries and finally Moose Tracks Ice Cream. That’s living.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Fort James said...

Holy crap that is a lot of food for a bike racer to eat!

Glad to see you are eating the animals! Me too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home