.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I had a typical run-in with a tourist driver last night. I was doing some intervals (read training harder than I have in weeks) on a road that is known for moose. In a very moosey spot there was a car parked on the shoulder (most likely gawking at moose) so as I approached I glanced over my shoulder to see if there were any cars coming or if I could swing out so I didn’t get doored by some camera/moose happy touron. There was an SUV about 300 meters (so euro to list distances in metric) back so I had plenty of room and I swung out. The dude literally lays on the horn as he blazes by me giving be about 5 cm between life and death. I of course flip his NY-ass the bird.

At that point, I was blowing snot out every orifice after 10 minutes at 300+watts (whoa posting data, I am sure someone will make a crack. Yah okay 300 watts ain’t that much, but I have been drinking beer a lot, only weight 148.4932lbs and I did 4 of those mother effers. How you like them stats? If you are taking any of this serious, go read somewhere else. It is a joke. Relax.)

So, I finish my effort and I see that the guy has pulled into the local tourist watering hole and he yells “hey, I don’t care if you are Lance fucking Armstrong, get out of the road asshole”.

What can you say to that? Lance is so 2000. Why can’t he call my Erwin Fucking Vervecken? Enrico Fucking Franzio? Lance sucks.

Speaking of going all Euro . . megA posted photos of her new boiler . . . .a Buderus . . . .so freaking Euro I can’t believe it. Buderus sponsors all sorts Nordic skiing and cross racing in Europe. Plus you got a Reillo burner . . .you don’t need no stinking Amerikan made Webster burner. What you guys need now are Grundfos (pink) pumps and some Buderus panel radiators. . . .so freaking Euro megA.

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger megA said...

You know what's really funny about your post? The fact that JD and I already started thinking about how we could get Buderous to sponsor a cross team in NE. Too damn funny.

Our baseboard is still good, but if we ever hit the Lotto and turn the big-ass attic into a master bedroom suite-of-love we will definately to panels. But we certainly could not afford to rip our perfectly fine baseboard and panel the whole house. I'm a teacher, damnit.

Would you hate me if I said I would probably pull over to take a picture of a moose? I've never seen one. . .I'm not from NY, does that make it less worse?

xo!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

in all seriousness, i am in the hvac business and have contacts with buderus. there US headquarters is in Derry, NH. let's talk!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger megA said...

only if you promise to recognize me this time!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

doh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home