.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Coming back from vacation is never easy. You find the milk you left buried in the refrigerator, you have a pissed off cat that has been neglected for 10 days, you have a billion emails that require responses and you have to get back into the swing of daily life (that means less wine and more sleep). It is never fun, but the 10 days off were well worth it. Harpswell treated us well.

Now that we are back, I can’t stop thinking about cross. I took a break from the bike with the hopes of recharging the body and mind. It seemed to work, although I am still not too excited to train. That could prove to be a problem! My new cross setup will be ready this week so I am sure that will provided added motivation. The big question for me is what race do. Last year I moved up to Elites after a good season in the Killer B’s the year before. Let’s just say that my first year of racing with the big boys was EYE OPENING. I got shelled every week and never finished on the lead lap of a UCI race. Ouch. I am not sure if I am any faster this season, so it might be a long season racing Elites. I am old enough to Master’s race this year. That might be fun?!?!?

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger solobreak said...

From what I could tell, the front of the B pack and the front of the Master's pack are about the same speed. Mid-to-back pack I think the B's are faster. I don't know if that will change with all the new categorization crap. Either way, this seemed way easier to me than racing for an hour+ did. Plus the masters get a favorable mid-day start time.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

JD-
For the record, it really pisses me off when you post with words/subjects I have to google to know WTF you are talking about. Vacationland was great. I saw Farrell and The Pony. Both are well.

SB, if I race masters, do I have to admit I am old? Can I deal with being humiliated by Jonny Bold everyweekend? Oh the dilemna!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

if you could dum it down for my mr. fancy pants, i would appreciate it. you might think you are mr "i studied linguistics, travel the world, went to iraq before it was kool and live in a countryt most amerikans never heard of" but i remember you wen youse drank clan macgregor by the liter and sanded hulls with kevin duddy (aka the bitterest man in the world!)remember that biatch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home