.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This is getting to be a trend . . .yet another killer weekend has passed.
The trip was mostly for pleasure but Martha did have to squeeze in some solid PR schmoozing at the Eastern Ski Writers Association summer meeting. For the most part her trade show/cocktail hour and dinner went well. . . .if you overlook the food poisoning she got from the meal! She is still suffering the effects of the night. Not exactly the best way to loose 5 lbs!

We scored some great mountain biking at the new trail center at Saddleback, I got in a trail run to the summit ridge and yes we had a few beers. Sunday we made plans with Martha’s sister and brother-in-law to go fly fishing “in the back country”. I didn’t expect too much, but figures it was a good time to log some family time since they summer in Rangely.

All I can say is WOW! WE drove 30-40 miles on dirt roads up into country that you would have mistaken for Montana. I mean totally amazing. We dry-fly fished for native brook trout the entire day on virgin streams and lakes hooking plenty of fish. Take my word for it: Buy a gazetteer and drive north.



Back to training this week, starting the build up for cross.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, all I can say is "wow" too. That and "I am one envious bastard".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home