.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I scouted Turkeys last night. Turkey (hunting) season starts tomorrow and I hope to slay one. In order to slay one, it requires a 3:30 am alarm, a 4:00 am hike, some quality hen calls, lots of luck and a 12 gauge. Horrified yet? And you thought I would miss bike racing?

So last night I tromped around the woods hooting like an owl trying to get Turkey’s to gobble before the roosted for the evening. It was a pretty wild experience. I am pretty sure Martha was horrified when I came home all decked out in camo.

For those of you keeping track, Martha is still pregnant. 30 weeks to be exact. 10 more to go. Trust me when I tell you, she will be happy when the kiddo arrives or more specifically vacates her belly.

The name game has begun. We are VERY far apart. Anyone have any suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger sgazzetti said...

1) I am not sure I believe a word of this turkey stuff.
2) If it does turn out to be true, it was Farrell who got you all turned on to the idea of slaying a turkey, right?
3) And if it does turn out to be true, why am I not there to witness it/criticize your hen-gobbling technique?
4) Give my best to Martha and the belly.
5) Names? You don't want to get that started.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger gewilli said...

names...

each of you grab the baby name book and go from there...

writing down privately and separately every name you really like...

swap lists and cross off the names you absolutely hate (previous girlfriends/boyfriends with bad associations for example) and see if there is anything left written down when you are done with each list...

and this little java thing is wicked cool...

plunk the name you are thinking about in there and see how trendy it is
http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

And all this hunting talk has me thinking i'm back in michigan!!!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger megA said...

yes. here is a suggestion. . .PHOTOS damnit

of you in cammo and martha all preggered up.

and naming a child when you've taught for a number of years sucks. each name conjures up the face of an annoying boy, slutty girl, etc etc.

have fun with that. . .

xo
m

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger megA said...

hey matt--

thinking of you guys a bunch lately. what's up in your world?

xoxo
m

stergem at hotmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home