.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Crash and Burn

Well, I guess it was inevitable. I crashed hard this weekend skiing. I hit some variable terrain and went “over the handle bars”. On tele, that is a big problem. I landed on my back and side, but the worst part was that somehow my arm got behind me and I landed on my hand/pole and pole grip. I now have a large bruise on my lower back/hip area that mysteriously looks like a pole grip. Going up stairs, dropping a knee in a tele turn and most importantly pedaling a bike causes severe pain to shoot thru my back. Sweet.

The good new is that it is simply a bruise. It feels like a charley-horse in my back. I should be all set in a day or so. Other than that, the weekend was good. Martha got out on her new phat boards and was ripping them, I found my new “everyday” tele ski at the Tele-Daze demo day (K2 Supers with the O2) and I spent two evenings in the bar. I know I am supposed to be training but hey it is still January after all. Plus, I resisted going to the bar last night after repeated harassment. Baby Steps.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Sh!t, dude. That sux! Hope u heal fast.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

injury is part of the game....
by now you can not even remember that you were hurt or sore

me
I live injury to injury
each new injury making me forget about the last
or so it seems

 

Post a Comment

<< Home