.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

Another Weekend

Another unseasonably warm weekend bites the dust. Saturday I got in a good ride with some local old guys. These are not yer average old guys. They are way fitter than you can imagine and were up for 3 hours on a 45 degree day in January. So, I did an hour or so solo (just me and the iPod) and then met the boys. You gotta love diehards. Sometimes I wonder what makes me tick when it comes to training. In general I train to get faster. I do like riding my bike, but I am not sure I would ride it nearly as much as I do if I didn’t race. The guys I rode with on Saturday don’t race. They ride. They ride tons of miles simply to the sake of riding. I hope when I stop racing I still ride as fast as these guys.

Here are some pics. Missing is Edwin, he is taking the photos.



Sunday brought rain and 40 degrees. “They” kept saying it was going to stop raining and clear. It didn’t. I finally kitted up and got on the rollers at 3:30. Martha and I did 2 hours with a bunch of “Tempo”. I felt awful all day, but the workout seemed to snap me out of whatever funk I was in. Some stats from this weekend:

Average Power for my all out 3 minute effort: 368 watts
Max Watts on Saturday: 874
Number of Beers I consumed on Friday: 6
Number of Beers I Consumed during he StupidBowl: 0
Number of minutes I didn’t watch the SuperBOwl to watch “Chasing Lance” on Discovery: 60
Number of pounds I lost this weekend training and not drinking my usual beer:2
Number of times I am going take townlines in VA with Ward and Tom: 6

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Fort James said...

What is that white stuff in the grass? No wonder you guys need to ride trainers.

Delaware:Snow free since March 2005.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home