.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Geeking Out

The PowerTap is up and running. I must say it was the easiest cyclocomputer I have ever setup. I don’t think any tools were thrown and I believe I only swore twice. That might be a record. So I am geeking out with all the data this thing gives me. I have already gone back and forth with Kurt several times looking at the data. Crazy bike geek fun for my engineering mind.

Much thanks to Mavic for the rim and to Big Ring Bob for building me a wheel I can trust. The wheel should be bomb proof as long as I can keep it upright. I did a 3 minutes “all out effort” last night to gauge my current power output. A 12 minute effort is coming tomorrow. I would like to post how impressive the output was . . .but it was ugly. It is a good thing it is still very early in the season.

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Fort James said...

Man, I SO want one of those Power Tap thingies!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

the only bad part is that now there is no fooling myself . . .it is all on the graphs.

totally digging so far.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Brian Hayes said...

yo- there was maybe 8 of us and after an hour we met up with Logan and some other guy. Everyone kept saying that we were going too fast. A bunch dropped off before the 2hr mark. We stopped and Logan et all turned around. That left Justin and I for the remaining 2 hrs, all of which he kicked my ass for.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Brian Hayes said...

p.s. you should post a graph

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

i will post a graph when there is a graph worth posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home