.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Loaf

Martha and I snuck up to Sugarloaf for a Tuesday and skied on Wednesday (Thanks Bill). Holy crap is that a sick mountain. We had a short sprinkle early in the morning and then it stopped and we had “hero” snow. They have some sick pitches there and I thought I was skiing pretty well until I saw the CVA kids training in a downhill course. You know they are hitting some serious speeds then they have double snow safety fencing setup to keep them from getting killed. And that is not to mention the race stock down hill boards they were skiing. Impressive.

My back is better, but still hurts at times. I rode the trainer successfully on Monday without much pain.

Training has resumed and things seem to be on track although I do get nervous when I hear people logging 20 hour weeks in the bike in January. It seems early, especially since I trained hard thru the end of November. It is cool. I need to stick to “the plan”.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger CTodd said...

The Loaf is the best mountain in the east. Best terrain. Although Jay Peak gets the best snow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home