.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Cracked

Rest Day. I need it. We have done 15 hours in the last 3 days. That is more than any 6 day week I have had to date this season. I am having trouble getting the energy to lift the coffee cup to my lips. Yesterday was killer, although at times I felt like I was on a death march. Here is a photo during a small truce.
Bruno showed up yesterday, so he was fresh, and Ward is the biking equivalent the bionic man. There were several times I was just staring at the wheel in front of my trying to convince myself not to get dropped. It was as if I had been in a break all day and was sitting on trying to convince myself not to get spit out the back. You’ve been there. It isn’t pretty. We weren’t killing it, I was just toast from the last two days.

We did back off the pace so Tommy G and I could make it home. The weather was amazing and we got in a total of about 5.5 hours. The only thing that got me home was a coconut pie and a coke at a country store about 1.5 hours from home. You have to love a pie that has so much fat in it that is soaks thru the packaging.

So coffee shop time today if we can motivate. It is raining and Tommy and I are cracked. So we will see if we saddle up for more than an hour today. Tomorrow is another big day. We are driving to the Blue Ridge Parkway to do some climbing. I hear the ride will be 6+ hours with several major climbs. I better rest up.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Brian Hayes said...

lucky...

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

sounds awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home