.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What the F!?@


Day one was ridiculous. When we left it was 21 degrees. 5 hours later (when we finished) it was 31 degrees. I wore a thermal jacket and a thermal vest (see photo). It was retarded. Enough said. We got the work done and it was a character building day, but it was retarded.


So when I woke up yesterday and it was snowing (yah it snows in freaking VA). I was cracked. We had 4 hours scheduled and I immediately started discussing alternate plans. Even Ward was willing to discuss cutting the ride short?!?! We waited until 11:30, kitted up and were pleasantly surprised to find drying roads and sun. Word. Temps rose to the low 40s and we had a sweet ride. I even got some color on my face from the sun!

Weather is turning warm today and we are looking at 55 degrees and sunny. No thermal tights for the first time this trip!!! Bruno arrives this morning and we are kitting up for another 5 hours. Today is going to be a big day. Ward wants to “open up a bit”. That means I will have to put my head down and hang on. I hope I survive. I have been feeling good, but am getting tired. Tomorrow is a rest day. Looking forward to a coffee shop day.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Fort James said...

Keep the daily updates coming. I get to live the So-Pro life though guys like you and your training camp stories.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

thanks for checking in, more tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home