.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, March 06, 2006

I am weak

Weekend Stats:
Minutes on the rollers: 80
Minutes of Tempo at 200-220 watts: 40
Number of Powder Days I skied: 2
Number of beers consumed: 12
Number of bottles of wine consumed by our table Saturday night: 3
Number of total new snow this weekend: 22”+
Number of times Ward was disgusted with my training (or lack there of):3
Number of times I bashed in the POW: 5
Best POW crash: tie between Rebecca and Ward
Length of time I felt guilty about going to the bar for happy hour last night instead or training: 2.2 seconds.
Hours of sleep last night: 10


We got dumped this weekend. It started snowing on Friday evening and didn’t stop until Sunday afternoon. We got somewhere between 22-26” at the hill. The best part is that is was a localized dumping and not too many people got it. It was sunny and dry at Attitash (25 minutes away!) all weekend. It was an amazing weekend of snow. I was weak, succumb to the snow demons and forgot I wanted to be a bike racer. Whatever, it was good for the moral and to be honest I only missed one workout. I got the “work” part of my workout done in Saturday morning before heading to the hill. Sunday I could have gone Nordic skiing in the afternoon (like the real bike racers of the group did), but I am pretty sure I am a way better ski bum than I am a bike racer. So I skied, had a beer at lunch, etc. You get it. Sweet justice in what has been a weak snow year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home