.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Home and Cold

Getting back to reality is tough. We had a relatively uneventful trip home from VA. We didn’t hit any traffic at all and made it home in 12 hours including a stop in Boston to get rid of Jon. There was one 30-minute gas stop at a rest area in NJ, but don’t get me started on that one. Temps have gone into a deep freeze here in the great north. The last two mornings temps have been well below zero. Brutal. I am on a rest week this week after my first 5 week block of training. I hate rest weeks, because I always feel like crap. When you stop training, your body seems to realize it is cracked and rebels a bit. I always feel on the verge of sickness at the beginning of a rest week. Standard. I just went thru the race schedule trying to get a “plan” together. It looks like I will probably start the season slow, building thru April and early May hoping to have a killer June and July with Tour of CT, NRC Crits in the Mid-Atlantic, VT Stage Race, Fitchburg and then Altoona. Time will tell. Right now I am doing my “if it is going to be cold, let it snow so I can ski, otherwise warm up” dance.

Finally, I have to send out a huge thanks to Marc and Nature’s Path for their hospitality (including the shot bourbon upon arrival before I even unloaded my bags! You gotta love the south). Nature’s Path sent us more tasty food than we could consume in several weeks. We were fortunate enough to be training with a Nature’s Path Pro/Am rider so we reaped the benefits of some of the best organic food out there. Damn they are a killer sponsor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home