.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Cold Rain

It is raining, it has been for awhile now and it doesn’t look like it is going to be sunny anytime soon. That said, I won't tell you how much rain sucks. You already know that 411.

This weekend was Sterling. I won’t bore you with the details. In summary, it was raining, 46 degrees andI thought about not racing until Stan showed up. I lubed up the legs and chamois, pulled on the rain cape and decided to “get a workout” in. I did that, racing at times stupid hard, but I got some “work” in. I finally decided to pull the plug. I checked with Stan to see if he needed my left over water/food, rolled out the back of the bunch at the bottom of the finishing climb with more than 40 miles left in the race and “hit the showers”. It was miserable and a waste of $35 entry. I am pretty sure there isn’t a Belgian bone in my body.

We got in a good ride at home yesterday although my legs were absolutely killing me. They were sore like after a bike racer tries go for a run type sore. 46 degree rain will do that I guess.

Bike to Work this week . . .all the Kool Kids are doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home