.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

NoHo

I went to NoHo yesterday for the 4th annual Downtown Crit. There is something about this race that I love. On paper it looks pretty boring, 4-corner, 1K, 60 minute crit, but I always have a great time at this race. After my early exit from the Fitch I wasn’t sure how my legs would feel, but I was hoping for the best.

The race went pretty well and as a team we seemed to be racing well as a unit. I am one of the least experienced guys on the squad, so I am always a bit gun-shy, but yesterday the race seemed to flow. Stan and Jon delivered the goods and were in the money. Personally, I felt much better. The race didn’t seem that fast, but there were only 30 finishers out of 54 starters.

I owe a HUGE apology to MegA. She walked past the boys and me yesterday and I looked right at her with the look that says “ah, hi. . . .you look familiar, but I can’t quite but a name to the face”. My bad.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger megA said...

HA!!!

I really truly thought that was you too! That's OK, you now owe me TWO dinners. . .

Did Martha race? Damn, I need to start riding. . .

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

Oh well, next time. Martha did race, but was pretty sketched out with the oily turn one. SHe played it safe and took pretty conservative lines. Good workout though. Tell JD, great event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home