.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Matt's Daily Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2006

You ever notice how much I talk about the weather? Sun, good. Rain, bad. Snow, good. Ice, bad. You get the idea. Yesterday was an absolute 10 on the summer weather scale. Totally insane. It also didn’t hurt that I played hookie and spent the entire day on the ocean.

A few stats:
Best Fish of the day: thirty-one inch, 11 pound Striped Bass
Number of Haddock Keepers (21” or bigger): 2
Number of Cod Keepers (24” or bigger): 2
Number of Bluefish caught on a Fly-Rod: 4
Number of Stiper “Schoolies” caught on a Fly-Rod: 4
Number of fish, any species, I caught on a Fly-Rod: 0
Number of times I almost killed someone while fly casting in the wind: 2
Number of times I lathered up with 30 spf so I wouldn’t get busted today for playing hookie:3
Number of Times I thought about racing my bike: 0

Okay, enough non-biking stuff. Group ride tonight. Hopefully the legs will start feeling good. The form has to come around right? The next 10 days (Cox, Exeter, Fitchburg, Noho) have the possibility to either crack me or help me find some form. I am hoping for the latter. Imagine that.

Finally, I am adding a link to Isoglossia. I have no idea why haven’t put up a link to JDs blog before. WARNING, it is not a bike related blog. However, it is very cool. I met JD many years ago when we both were living downeast on the coast of Maine. We enjoyed many pithers of gin and tonic, cold beers, swimming holes, blueberry pies, sailing, etc. during that time. Martha and I have the best memories from our time spent on the Blue Hill peninsula and much of that time involved JD. Anyway he went from Maine to Montana to Argentina to Slovenia (and I am sure I missed a stop or two), where he currently resides with his lovely wife Magda and their son Adam. Cool reading. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, was it me, or was the gin & tonics? One of my best memories from when we lived on the same continent has to be the honeymoon you and Martha spent lugging 40-pound packs of Old MacGregor through the Bitterroot.
(Or go here to see another picture without you two, an ex, and Old Mr. B cluttering up the view). Good times...

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger M_A_T_T said...

ha! it may have been a little of both. the gin certainly didn't hurt.

good photos. i haven't seen those in a few years.

best day of that trip was the evening before those photos. rain storm, running to setup tents, diving in and then realizing one tent had the whiskey and one had the chocolate! i was content with the whiskey, but my new bride wanted the chocolate. i had to strip down, run from one tent to the other in the pounding rain and back to share the rations. cheeers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home